September 25, 2011

Good Works...

...are links that form a chain of love.  ~Mother Teresa

Wow several posts two days in a row and a couple in one day!  I must be on a roll.  I'm happy I'm back blogging and crafting again but can you say RUSTY.  I felt like a chicken with my head cut off.  Smiley from millan.net For the record, at least for me it's really REALLY hard to get your mojo back.  I just can't seem to find my flow anymore?  I do more thinking about than actually making cards.

Its the stop-start-stop-starting thats getting to me.  Working full-time really puts a crimp in my social aka creative life.  Boo.  Ok enough yatayata.    I am so so rusty.  I can't hardly find anything anymore.  Or I have so many ideas I want to try out I don't know where to start.

Plus, I am all dropsy and clumsy today.  Every time I turned around I was knocking something over.  Not just one little item nooooooooooo that would have been too simple.  No I was knocking trays of items over.

Then I really really wanted to do sewing on a card.  So I thought I'd try my new fancy schmancy tool called Sew- Easy <---- click there instead of pulling out the alternative, the larger, sewing machine.  I thought it would be so much quicker.  Ok short version??? NOOOOO....Not so easy.  Nope not at all.  It wasn't piercing all the way through the card stock.  I did not like it at all.  However, I have noticed some tutorials online on YouTube so I might watch those and try again later when I have time.  The jury is still out until then.

So the heck with it, I pull the sewing machine out, it's called Sew-Mini <---- click there (not the exact model that I have).  It's specially for crafting and its just what it says... its a mini version of a sewing machine. WELLLLLLLLLL do you think I could get it to sew more than three stitches.?  I persisted and spent way more time on it than I wanted to but after at least an hour, give or take, I finally got it to SEWWWWWWW.  Really?  Ya kiddin me right?  Turns out I didn't have the thread threaded properly.  But before that I tried everything.  Check and recheck the bobbin thread, adjust the stitch, adjust the tension, DUST it.  I mean everything.  I even had the directions manual out from the beginning.  So I went back through the manual and looked at each tutorial very closely.  I retraced my steps.  Yep, I found the cuprit.... threaded wrong.  But do you see my point? Holy mother of pearl.  Pain in the butt.  This was my sample piece.  I thought I better try it on a scrap before I wrecked my card.  This is but a small sampling of the thread I went through to figure this out.  Doesn't that look like fun?!?!>!>!




Whew, I started out so holy and serene and it all went downhill from there. LOL.  So onto the point to my story....  there is a point to my story and I do have one.

I been noticing a trend of mono-tone, color-on-color designs and I really like the simplicity of it and the muted colors and feel.  I've had this SU set "Inspired by Nature<---- click there  for a while now.  I bought it for the sentiments alone, but I like the other stamps also.  I'm crazy for sentiments I can't get enough of them.  AND I copied the sketch straight from the SU 2011 catty, p. 113.  It helps me with the rust (see above).  It was quick (after I got started) and easy and I will probably mass-produce this one for my card assortment sets that I give as gifts.

Here is a pic of all of the elements I used.  The evil sew-mini in the background.  Why I even gave it blink (blog-ink) at all DON'T KNOW.  All products are SU.  I used More Mustard card stock and ink.  I like that it used fall colors too.  That's a bonus since I'm in such a fall mood.  I used my boho flower punch to make the blush blossom flower.  I added a little angel embellishment which I thought went good with the sentiment.  I also used a brad in the center to hold the 3-piece flower together.  Aint it purty.


See the little angel ornament?  I also used my Cuttlebug <---- click there (not the exact model that I have) to punch out the tag for the sentiment.  That didn't go smoothly either.  I had to press it out a couple of time because I kept tearing the little handles off.  Not to mention that I couldn't stamp the image straight onto the label either.  I had to do that a couple of times also.  RUST I tell you RUST.

Enjoy!  Now off to make some more cards.... lets just hope some of the rust is gone and the next ones go a little smoother.  FUN.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok woman, you are way too cool. I feel blessed to share my almost everyday with you. Thank you for coming into my life. Craft on baby!!!!! The cards are Die Know Might. G$

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails