November 30, 2007
November 28, 2007
November 27, 2007
One question? Does that surprise ANY of the other paper crafters out there? OMG one thing always leads to another when it comes to cleaning and organizing and for some reason around this time of year simple due to the holiday change out of Tday to Christmas my DH and I always end up cleaning out the garage. What's up with that? I just needed to whine and we all know how missprissme LOVES to whine. Thanks. There was another reason for this post of which has escaped me now but I will come back and edit when I recall exactly what it was that I was thinking about. Now back to the dust....
November 21, 2007
for each new morning with its light,
for rest and shelter of the night,
for health and food, for love and friends,
for everything thy goodness sends.
for flowers that bloom about our feet;
for tender grass, so fresh, so sweet;
for song of bird, and hum of bee;
for all things fair we hear or see,
father in heaven, we thank thee!
~ralph waldo emerson
If you scroll down there is a link to slide show under "see more pictures here". My sister has 4 kids, Michael (piano meistro IRL), Matthew (shown), Lizzie (yes my name sake, I told you I was the favorite aunt) and Connor. They are a very performance heavy family and all of those crazy lessons are paying off for my sister and her kids. Isn't it wonderful? I mean how many people can say yeah I have a son that dances professionally for the Joffrey (oh and believe me my sister won't let you forget it.... but hey I guess if anyone has braggin' rights it would be mom YES)? Yeah it's cool. ~enjoy have a great holiday.
November 20, 2007
- Who am I? Liz - mom to 2 grown daughters, geek, aunt, sister, friend, daughter, married, petlover, papercraft artist (that's debatable but that's my story and I am sticking to it)
- Who knows me best? My mom and my kids. I'm an open book...everyone knows me. I a WYSIWYG kind of gal
- How old am I? 40 something?
- How old do I feel? 809
- The most important thing in my life is... my faith, then my family, and then my dog. Well maybe dog first then my... no this this is in no particular order. Did you know that "dog" spelled backwards is "god". I just get the biggest kick out of this. It's one of my favorite lines. That line and this one... did you know that "no" is a complete sentence? Ok I digress...
- I always carry...my tote
- Something I always do is...I always do a lot of things but I am a creature of habit. Every morning I get up walk straight to the coffeemaker and make my coffee. It doesn't vary unless I'm really organized and it gets done the night before on a rare day.
- I'm at my happiest when...I'm creating, talking on the phone
- On a Monday morning, you'll find me...on the way to work - bleh do we have to talk about that?
- My favorite mode of transportation is...vw yellow beetle
- My eyes are...hazel/green
- My favorite material possession is...craft supplies, of course
- To relax, I like to...create...
- The town I live in is...beautiful, sunny southern california
- What's my worst habit? laziness (I wish I could get myself to exercise daily but I think I am just lazy and it's become a habit)
- My guilty pleasure is...laziness (I mean physically lazy, I am not a lazy person in any other way, I work my arse off - I just wish it would translate into working off the real arse)!
- When I look at someone, the first thing I see is...soul...don't let it creep you out...I have a fine tuned sixth sense....I've always been this way. I was walking down Venice beach with one of my daughters and one of those palm readers grabbed us and told us they would give us a freeby. So we said we were game. He started to read my palm and he says to me...you are very psychic....I looked at him and said I KNOW. ROFL. I mean if you were psychic, wouldn't you KNOW it. hahahahhaha
- I think ....................... is beautiful. The sound of a cricket, I know weird but I just think that little cricket sound is sooooooooo cute
- One thing that I can live without is...this fat that has decided to glom itself onto my body and won't go away (due to laziness) and I hate it! Theme forming?
- One thing people don't know about me is...I'm wise?, well maybe they do know this about me but I only pull it out when needed ;) insert evil chuckle with head thrown back.
- My life is...full!!
November 19, 2007
This is the cat that my daughter in LA adopted from the streets. He was just running around all alone. Anyway, he reminded her of a pumpkin so she named him punke for short. He really is the nicest cat in the whole world. He did not have an attitudinal problem in this picture he was actually just falling asleep and I caught him with his eyes just closing. He was up on top of her refrigerator inside one of her vision boxes that she made. Sort of a collage mixed media art looking project. He actually had to take the lid off the end to get into it. I guess he feels he's going to be a part of any of her future dreams so he got into it. I took this picture of him up there. Cats crack me up but I am allergic to them so I can look but not touch. He's cool because his eyes match his coat exactly. He is all gold. EDITED TO ADD: IS THAT IRONIC OR WHAT THE THOUGHT FOR THE DAY ABOVE USED A PUNKE CAT FOR IT'S PICTURE!!
November 17, 2007
November 16, 2007
Calcifications are tiny flecks of calcium — like grains of salt — in the soft tissue of the breast that can sometimes indicate the presence of an early breast cancer. Calcifications usually can't be felt, but they appear on a mammogram. Depending on how they're clustered and their shape, size, and number, your doctor may want to do further tests. Big calcifications — "macrocalcifications" — are usually not associated with cancer. Groups of small calcifications huddled together, called "clusters of microcalcifications," are associated with extra breast cell activity. Most of the time this is non-cancerous extra cell growth,
and so off we go for another magnification mammo this time. They want to take a closer look see. OF COURSE THEY DO.
Later on today I will pull over some of my favorite things about her blog but for now I gotta run.... HAPPY FRIDAY PEOPLE....
November 12, 2007
and also I highlighted my sunflower with layered silk flowers attached with a center flower eyelet. I also cut out the little sunflower from the original stamped image and layered it on top of all. I wanted to point out that the ribbon I used is brown gingham checked not black and it's really pretty. It might be my newest favorite ribbon. I still might add the sentiment to a tag and attached it later. If I do I will take another picture to show you the real final version. Geesh that means I'm still not really done with this card. I tried my hand at watercoloring using SU re-inkers and waterbrush. Seriously it needs a sentiment. Now that I am looking at it online. Oh well its nearly 2 a.m. so I won't be adding that tonight. I have to get some sleep.
November 08, 2007
and the "bonus pak"
Why? you ask. Good question!!. Now if I could just learn how to watercolor. Seriously, I just got a wee promo and pay increase and I have had these on my wish list for 2 years. So I decided to treat myself. Yay. But now that they arrived I was thinking Why DO I have to have entire sets of things?
November 07, 2007
Light a torch people one of my favorite people of all time just got into blogoland!
Just wanted to send a shout out to the newest "Prissy Pal" to join us all in blogoland. Her NEW blog name is Out On a Limb, because that is where all the fruit are. Isn't that cute? We all know how fruity crafters can be! I used to work with her and now call her a friend. We've been stamping together for a while now too. She became a Stampin-Up distributor with me (they call me the cult leader) and we have soooo much fun going to workshops, shopping and entering contests. I can't believe I found someone as gaga as me over all things PRISSY. She's a super creative gal so be on the lookout for some fun "cute" stuff to come. She's extremely smart with a Master degree in Biology by day =D and all things Prissy by night. hehe. She's gaga over anything PURPLE. Go on over and tell her hi & tell her misspriss sent ya! Hi Michelle. Welcome. Check out my blogroll on the right I've added you to my list.
November 06, 2007
November 01, 2007
Update on the Dr. appointments...my mammogram required another look see with an ultra sound. That appointment will be on Nov 7th. PLUS, I had my well-woman-check-up today. Another stellar day in the life of misspriss. BUT I have to say it really wasn't that bad (I only had one panic attack =D on the way over in the car) and I was REALLY proud of myself.
A. because my mammo report (the official one... not just the diagnostic look) was in and the general MD read it and told me it looked really good and that the ultra sound is a very common post-mammo test ordered. She said if the report was "bad" she would have seen a lot more use of the word "suspicious" and there was not a single "suspicious" in the report. So THAT WAS GOOD NEWS!
B. because I am caught up on my check-ups for my age range;
C. they hooked me up with the flu shot and tetanus (did you know they bundle shots now and I had the tetanus/whooping cough vaccine combo)?
D. my Dr. was very proud of me because I REQUESTED a bone density and colonoscopy. She said normally she has to drag people in to get them. I said I wanted one because I want to be ALL CAUGHT UP and get them over with until next time.
Whew. Now that I have bordered on tmi and bored you all with a day in my life.... but hey if I help one person to not be afraid and to get their tests updated too, I will be happy.
...you will feel so much better once you do! (big talker I am now, you should have heard me this a.m. before my appointment)