February 10, 2013

Chiming in

One of these days... I'll have a kick@$$ blog.  I'll have a million+ followers.  I'll be linked to twitter, facebook, google, Martha as in Stewart, Pdub and Bill Gates.  My metadata and keywords will harvest only the number one spot in search engines.  They will KNOW WHERE I AM and that I exist.

Until then, its little ole me.  M!ssPr!ssy.  Paper, ribbon, ink, stampin, scrapping and yatayatayata with a capital "Y".  The capital "Y" because I do more yack'n than priss'n lately.   In the meantime. I have yet another 'Chef Tip of the Century'.  You will love the genius.  When I bake bread I like to cover it until the last ten minutes or so to avoid burning.  Except you have to leave a 'dome' to allow for expansion.  Over the years, I fold the aluminum foil in thirds leaving a little accordion fold along the center approximately one inch, like a tent.  Then once I wrap the bread pans I pull up on this little center fold.  Hoping it will expand enough to leave room for the loaf to rise while cooking and the top of the bread doesn't stick to the foil. I also always spray the foil tent with a cooking spray to avoid sticking as well.  I never 100% liked this technique because it wasn't exactly shaped round like a dome it was more shaped like an "A" tent.  Enter brainchild.

Notice the shape of the top arm of a common mixer?


Foil:

Example of foil tent (1 inch fold in center) and also the old loaf pan cover method

 Example of foil tent2 (1 inch fold in center)  old loaf pan cover method

  Bread pans that need cover before baking.  RECIPE

Using the top/shape of my common mixer I press foil over the mixer.  Make sure its long enough to cover the ends of average loaf pan.  It forms a perfectly shaped/size loaf pan cover.

Perfectly sized/shape loaf pan cover.  Still has the tent fold for expansion but is dome shaped neatly and correctly.

I KNOW GENIUS!!

Until next time.  Enjoy.  Wish you had smellavision because the loafs smell wonderful.

M!ss Pr!ssY

No comments:

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails