August 01, 2010

M.P.D?

Multiple personality disorder a.k.a Cybil. That's me? On the one hand I love vintage things, I love the 50s theme.  I have a lot of treasures collected over many years and I've weeded them out considerably.  But there is still a fair bit of Chotzkie hell goin' on.


and drum roll....this is me?  Minimalist, zen, spa.  Actually, I am moving more towards the "less is more" style.



THEN ya have this me... chotzkie hell.  My library wall which I still LOVE was behind my sofa in the other place.  Now it's in a more prominent location not behind a sectional but in full view within the room.  The chotzkie's from chotzkie hell used to be displayed on a shelf that ran around the perimeter of two walls of the room.  Now, they are displayed on top of the library bookcases.  I think its a bit busy, but for now they will stay since we don't have the shelf installed and probably wont put it up in the new place.  I only pulled out a few.  I have other collections apples, cows, tins etc... the chickens made the cut this time.  I'm really really trying to thin things out for GOOD.



AND then back to desert sticks sans art I picked up from the desert.  I like the texture it brings to a room.  I copied this from hotel decor I saw once.  Really like the natural colors of an area.


AND THEN THERE'S CYBIL.  Oh incidentally, the burgundy wall color is the existing paint.  It was the only room I am thinking of changing the paint color of, all of the other room paint colors in the new house were the same color paints that I had in the old house.  Lucked out there, what are the odds of that?  I can live with this color for now.  I probably SHOULD have painted it before I unpacked but srsly did not have it in me.  It will have to be done later.  I will probably go with the seafoam green (very light) I had in my other kitchen/living area.  Still love that color.  I'll post a link later.  I will add however, the burgundy goes really well with the existing chotkies I have.


 EDITED TO ADD:  THERE IS A BACK-STORY TO THE ABOVE FRAMED PRINTS.  I HAVE ABOUT A DOZEN OR SO DIFFERENT PICTURES TO THIS COLLECTION AND MAYBE I WILL POST THE ENTIRE SET SO YOU CAN SEE.  THESE WERE WATERCOLOR PAINTED ON CARDBOARD INSERTS (REMEMBER THE CARDBOARD FROM SHIRT PACKAGING) AND THEY ARE ACTUALLY FLASH CARDS.  FOR EXAMPLE: THE TREE HAS THE WORD "TREE" STENCILED ON THE BACK OF THE CARD.  I THOUGHT THEY WERE SUCH CUTE FOLK-ARTESCK IMAGES I HAD THE ENTIRE SET MATTED AND FRAMED.  MY GREAT-AUNT (NOW DECEASED) WAS A SCHOOL TEACHER.  SHE PAINTED THEM ALL BY HAND. I BELIEVE SHE GOT HER INSPIRATION FROM OLD THE DICK AND JANE READING BOOK SERIES.  I HAVE IMAGES OF A MOTHER, FATHER, BOY (I'M ASSUMING IS DICK), A GIRL PRINT (JANE?), DOG, CAT, PIG, CHICKENS, BALL, HOUSE, ETC... THEY ARE VERY OLD AND QUITE THE HEIRLOOM.  SHE HAD GIVEN ME A "BOX" OF HER OLD PAPERS AND SUCH FROM HER TEACHING DAYS WHEN MY GIRLS WERE LITTLE AND THESE WERE IN A FILE OF THAT BOX.  THAT'S WHEN I HAD THEM FRAMED.  A SEPARATE POST ON THIS LATER.

I guess you can say I have a very eclectic style.  Its a mix of folk, vintage, americana, 50s and minimal, shabby chic, chic shabby and a dash of bohemian too.  I don't know I'm a bit scattered.  I crave minimal and am slowly transitioning towards that style.  Out with the old and in with the new "less is more" theme.  I am planning on selling whatever doesn't work for me any more to an Etsy store just as soon as I get through things and continue purging.  I will post more after photos as soon as time permits.  Hope you enjoy a peek into my new place.

Ciao for now...

1 comment:

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails