May 31, 2009

Garden

Look how big my Tomater plants are?  Click on any image to enlarge for details.  These are just a few of the plants.  We have tons more in containers all over the place.  The rats with bushy tails <-----Click here haven't eaten them yet this year or the bunnies rabbits <-----Click here about five images down.

I grew up in a city (Chicago) and while I am a "city" girl I've lived my share of time in the country also.  I live in a city now...but that doesn't stop me from wanting to bring a little of the "country life" back into my world. It makes me happy.  I guess I am somewhere in-between and I'm more of a small-town girl at heart.  I loved country before it was cool people.  Eventually I found myself back in the city.  (Food, a roof over my head, yeah minor details like that).  What's that saying "You can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl"?  Well, I beg to differ.   I feel just opposite of that.  "You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl".  Let me know if I completely butchered that quote because that wouldn't surprise me in the least.  It's genetic.  While I've taken compete credit for these Tomaters (like I said its genetic).  In reality, my DH is responsible for bringing this happiness into my world.  I just get to pretend my thumb is green instead of black.

Large In-Ground Tomato Plants 
(Side of house, just outside my kitchen window)
Parsley Plant
 
I just liked it
 
Cherry Tomatoes
 
Bell Pepper (Container Gardening)
 

Isn't it cool?  I just love to grow things.  Don't be jealous.  Don't be a hater.

No comments:

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails