January 23, 2011

The Most Pleasant Things...



that happened during my day...

I woke up early and had my shower, hair/makeup and dressed including shoes by 9 a.m.  The thing I liked about that was I was ready for my day bright and early.   And for a Sunday that's saying sumpin'.  I was out the door to grab a few groceries to make good eats for the games today.  I have a couple of recipes to share tomorrow.  Wow were they ever good, so stay tuned for that.  You can use them on Super Bowl Sunday.  The hus and I went together.  The thing I liked about that was we got to Costco early enough (right when they opened) it wasn't a mad house YET and all the shelves were all pretty and NEAT.  Plus we found a couple of treasures that weren't on the list.  That's always fun.  All in all it was a pretty good day.  We watched a great match-up between the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears (I liked both teams).  It was very windy today the umbrella on my patio furniture took flight.  Whoa.

Oh AND last but not least I talked to my Dad today on the phone.  It was nice just catching up.  I always like to hear his voice.  He has a very nice voice.  He had a heart attack a couple of months ago requiring a triple by-pass.  He also had to have a few more procedures since.  It's been a bit of a touch and go situation to stabilize after this major event.  But he's on the mend and taking good  care of himself.  I wish him well and continued recovery.  Incidentally, he also knew some of the Tucson, AZ shooting victims.  The Morris'?  The wife was shot and died at the scene and her husband is in recovery.  They lived right down the road from my dad and were neighbors.  Her memorial is tomorrow. EDITED TO ADD:  I just realized that my post is titled "The Most Pleasant Things" about my day were... I did not mean to infer that the above topics in this paragraph were part of the pleasant things... Oh my NO not at all. Just to be clear =D as mud.

Well off to get a good nights sleep and awaken refreshed for Funday Monday.  Hope everyone had a great weekend too.  Oh and please do leave a comment if you like.  I really like comments.

I'm up-to-date on my P.A.D. picture a day project.  I've been pretty good with my F.I.T. project too.  If you'd like to follow me on these two projects, you can find these two projects on the tabs above just under my blog header.  Check it out.

Come back tomorrow for some super recipes.  Easypeasy ones too.

Sweet dreams y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog! Stay tuned in for Friday as we announce the winner of the Lowe's giveaway!
Xo,
E&J

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails