June 10, 2007

The Journey is the Reward

Another totally CASEd inspiration. I got the basic idea for this card over at a blog "is that your monkey?" I just love this sentiment stamp from A Muse. More dete's later. Just wanted to get a post up for now. Isn't this cute? When I saw the Vespa stamp I just knew I had to have it because it reminds me of my daughter who goes to Italy all the time. More later.... stay tuned! AS PROMISED a bit more details... I drew inspiration from a fellow blogger as noted, but also was inspired by ribbon from Michaels and in order to incorporate the colors from the ribbon I decided to layer the retro rectangle A Muse background stamp. I always thought this retro rectangle needed to be layered. I also used the glue pad and my stampendous fun flock for the retro background border from the "all bundled up" SU stamp set. I was really excited about the fun flock. I purchased it over at Ellen Hutson's webstore and have yet to use it. It was so fun making this card and believe it or not my daughter requested another 5 for a dinner tonight with her girlfriends and she wanted to give them each one. We just made another 6 total and out the door she went. So this card was definitely a big hit.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

This is DARLING!

Gypsy Purple said...

Lovely!!!

Michele Kovack said...

I am loving this card! The colors really pop off the page! The unusual shape behind the image is adorable!

emilia in Taiwan said...

This Vespa card is sooooooo cool!
The ribbon color is great and you made the combination beautiful!!

A Muse is really your type!!
My next stamp order will include A Muse for sure. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun, I love the matting on the vespa. Those are some of my favorite stamps. I really like the ribbon and the stripe design.

Corie said...

Great card. Found your site thru splitcoast. Everything is amazing

Anonymous said...

super cute! i just got my first bunch of fun flock too in pixie pink. isn't it fun?

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails