August 07, 2009

Sometimes Magic Happens!

I used Crafty Secrets "Bird Lovers" set for this card. Remember! Click on any picture to enlarge and see the details better. I just love Crafty Secrets stamps and really don't get to play with them enough. I've often thought of having a "Crafty Secrets" month where I only use Crafty Secret's stamps. Wouldn't that be fun? Here is the set I used today for this project:

Gawgeous (non-sponsored gushing)

I just love the sentiment, "Of course you can fly, for dreams have wings". This card came out just how I had envisioned it. I used the branch stamp to create of subtle background. I also wanted it to have an "Asian" feel. Yep, I took a "Vintageish" stamp set and made it "Asianesck". Hence, the red flowers.

A shot of the same card... but I posted a duplicate shot so you could see how the little bird's eye (on the tag)sparkles on this one?

Close-up

Recipe:
{P}aper: SU card stock Bashful Blue for base, Rose Red for Layer-1, Whisper White for Oval
{R}ibbon: Light blue repurposed scrap from a gift. Very pretty
{I}nk: Copic Sketch Markers: BOO Frost Blue, BG10- Cool Shadow, E11-Barely Beige (same as:SU Blush Blossom), E55-Light Carmel (same as:SU Creamy Carmel), O-Colorless Blender (Love), R14-Light Rouge (same as:SU Cameo Coral), R20-Blush, R27-Cadmium Red(same as:SU Ruby Red), YGOO-Mimosa Yellow. Copic Spica Glitter Pens: Clear, Black
{S}crap/Misc:Spellbinder Nestabilities, Straight Oval, SU Paper Piercer on the tag, SU Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Small Wire Flowers (PaperTales), Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edger Punch (I turned it into a corner punch), Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Swiss Dots?
{Y}adayada: Have I told you I love the Copic Colorless Blender? I forgot how dazzling SU glitter really is. My favorite overall. OH while I am on the subject... the E11-Barely Beige Copic marker LABEL has a TYPO. It reads Bareley Beige. I apologize in advance. I am a Copy Editor/Technical Writer IRL, I can't help myself sometimes. Seriously, go look at the label and see if yours is misspelled too. Copic Sketch type.

1 comment:

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails