January 06, 2008

Buzzwords

So everyone is getting on the Ali Edwards one word bandwagon. So I've been trying to think of a word for this year as well. I actually have been doing this myself for the last couple of years. The word or phrase I have been focusing on the last couple of years have been a couple and they have been the same every year because I was still working on them... one is

Simplify

sim·pli·fy [sim-pluh-fahy] Pronunciation Key -
–verb (used with object), -fied, -fy·ing.
to make less complex or complicated; make plainer or easier: to simplify a problem.


the second one is...

Be Still... since this is two words I will use the definition for stillness

still·ness [stil-nis] Pronunciation Key -
1.silence; quiet; hush.
2.the absence of motion.

I chose the word simplify to remind myself that I still needed to simplify my life. Having recently downsized I still had too much stuff in my space and it was making me crazy.

I chose the words Be Still from the Psalm 46:10 that says Be Still and know that I am God. I wanted these words to always be in front of me as a little reminder that God is in charge, not me. I don't know I just find a great amount of peace in these words. When I think on these words a calm comes over me and I really do get still.

Anyway I have used these words every year for at least the last 5 years. With the New Year upon us I thought it might be fun to join in and change my words. So I started thinking about what could be my new buzzword for the year. Only problem is I keep thinking of two word phrases vs one word. Hmmm maybe I should stick with Simplify. hehe it appears I still need it. I am still working on my word for this year and will let you know when I pick one or just use the same ones.

No comments:

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails