January 19, 2008

OMG 13 days since my last blog post

I still have nothing to report. I have had a headache for 2 days now. My lovely mother is visiting and I think the holiday let down and being back to work after a 2 week vacation has just put a screeching halt on my creating and art flow. I am very upset about this. I am finding the stop and start... stop and start very hard when it comes to creating. I lose my momentum and my mojo. I took my mom to my LSS today and she really enjoyed it. She was attracted to an altered book sample they had on the counter for an upcoming class. Here's one of the pics:


It made me happy that she showed an interest because she doesn't do anything arty and I have been trying to suggest she do some scrap booking. But she didn't "get it"... When she saw the altered book (I had been trying to explain mixed media to her) she got it. Art has brought so much to my life I just think it would be an excellent pastime for her. I would love for her to enjoy it too. I think I saw a tiny aha moment in my mother's eyes today so I'm excited about this. Anyway, back to me whining.... OH we also went to Barnes and Nobel and I found THIS. OMG maybe we should table the whining for a minute. I picked up Betz White's new book called "Warm Fuzzies" I have never done any felting but I love the look. Hehe but I just h2h it.



I guess I did have something to post after all. I'm so moody. Geesh. This reminded me I also bought my mother a couple of Somerset magazines and I picked up the new Papercraft magazine. What am I moaning about? I think I will go read my new stuff. Hey I said I had a headache I'm not thinking so straight today. Hopefully I'll create soon. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails