December 07, 2008

Coming up...

Wow I just thought about how quickly this year has flown by? Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net It seems like just yesterday we were picking our "One Little Word" for the year ahead as found on Allie Edwards blog, "Capture, Create" scrapbooker extraordinaire. It goes something like this....

one little word

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.

Mine switched around A LOT from the word "Focus" (see this post) to "Simplify" and back again, and again, and again. I ended up reverting back to the word "Simplify" because obviously "Focus" wasn't working for me. I guess mine was of the rich and soft and slow genre' because I have had the word "Simplify" as my intention every year, for the past seven years now. It was rolled over each year because I felt like hadn't quite gotten "it" yet and felt I must obtained at least some semblance of "it" before moving on. The word "Simplify" equals clarity to me and if I wasn't clear that I could move on then I didn't want to. I dunno for whatever reason in my scheme of logical or illogical things I couldn't or wouldn't choose another word yet.... but this year.........YES I am happy to report I am "there". I am ready to move on. I've gotten things to a point where they are "Simplified" to my liking and to my tastes. It feels so good to say and "mean" it. I think it took on a life of it's own and it truly did ripple out on the pond and change so many things this year. They say...what you "Focus" on you attract.... whoa that's deep...there's that word "Focus" again. Maybe I was "Focusing" and just didn't know it. Yay. Anyway, this post took on a life of its own too because the original intention of this post was to remark upon how much inspiration is out there and how much I am enjoying it. Here are some blogs of note: Anyway, I like these (scroll down to the holiday planner) and these. One is Pine Feather, Poppy Paperie and Posy (scroll to approx 10/11 pic) I need those little houses. I am working on some projects that include elements from each of these posts and will upload photo's when complete. I am super excited about being back in my "art therapy" studio again. WOW I really really needed that. The lesson in contrast says to me ...balance and I should really really try and find time everyday to have a little art therapy and not wait so long next time.

No comments:

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails