December 12, 2008

Deck the HALLS!! Nahanohedinnit

...or should I say the CHRISTMAS MIRACLE...lemme splain...My DH does NOT take the initiative during the holidays EVER. Been married close to 29 years now and not once in all of that time has he donnered or blixened, comet or cupided anything. Oh yes, he helps after I've dragged the boxes out and gotten the party started. But to actually take it upon himself and do something/anything especially when it comes to the HOLIDAYS. Can you say S C R O O G E (well not that bad but close)? Heck he gives scrooge lessons. ANYWHO. Image then to my surprise when I drove up to this.... the other night and almost missed my house because I couldn't find MY house. Nope drove down this street everyday for years and cannot find the place.... I drove past it. I had to back up. I had to adjust the vision. WHY? Well I didn't recogize this.............. I was so shocked and awed. First I thought what is this "husband swap" because mine ain't here. He gone. After I calmed down I thought where did he get that lawn art because I had never seen skater people in the stores. Yes, trains, snowmen, deer, etc... but skater people. He was batting a thousand now. First the decorations now this? How did he know I liked skater people? Come to find out he and a friend Mikeymike (so-called) freehand drew them on heavy cardboard and cut them out, painted them white to reflect light and affixed them to stakes and walla skater people. Now he's an artist to boot? Where's my husband and what did you do with him? HI-larious. Aren't they just the funniest things you ever saw? The boy skater looks like elmer fudd in a way and the girl really looks like she is moving. It's totally cardboard. I think the long skate blades and the curly front are classic shapes. It's a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE~~

SKATER PEOPLE


ANOTHER


BLURRY OF ELMER FUDD SKATER BUT I LIKED IT BLURRY


BLURRY PIROETTE GIRL SKATER (LIKE THE BLUR)


HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE HO-HO-HO



1 comment:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Awwww, how WONDERFUL!! DH clearly loves you very much! This display is just perfect! I hope you continue to have a wonderful holiday! =) -Anna.

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails