December 06, 2008

Mange No More

Well there's just nothing like a little art therapy to raise your mood and put one into the holiday spirit. I've been having so much fun dusting off all of my supplies, taking inventory of my stock (all things PR!SSy) and getting to play. How fun is that? Well as you might imagine I hoard LOTS of supplies. Last year I bought the cutest card kit that Martha Stewart had out last year similar to this one. Ok she doesn't need any blink (Blog ink, remember the acronym I made up last year?). Anyways, I finally used it. It was so simple but loverly. I have to admit sometimes I am glitter challenged. I can mess up glitter. Yep you heard it right. Last year I did one of these.... (I wish I had taken a pic of the deer with mange before I fixed it) and it didn't turn out. I didn't use enough glue or something and the glitter was all splotchy (see bird, this year) . I used craft bond spray adhesive highly recommend it. It gives a great "sticky" and very even. Well you can't tell by the first shot because I blotched him and tried to wipe it off. Not a good plan. But the rest are beautiful and even. ~CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE FOR BETTER DETAIL~

BIRD WITH MANGENESS - THIS GUY DIDN'T MAKE IT OUT OF THE RUBBISH BIN


My friend Allison laughed at my attempts and said that it looked like it had mange and I should stop my glitter project and go back to doing something easier. ROFL. Well, I never did get back to it until this year. Can tell by my pics MANGE NO MORE....



DEER W/MANGE FIXED. He's beautiful now!


SNOWFLAKE USING THE NEW MS CHUNKY WHITE GLITTER. I love that stuff. Not in kit bought separately

I LOVE THE VINTAGE FEEL OF THIS GREEN GLITTER. Came with the kit
These are so much better IRL. As you can imagine. They are card/ornament combos. Such high quality as all of MSs shtuff is. They came with these pretty scalloped cards and celophane-type envelopes. I love them. I really really want to keep them. But since this is the gift-giving holiday I guess I will have to part with them . I think I will give these to co-workers and friends. I think they will make very nice gifts. They do double duty as a card and a gift. That Martha she thinks of everything. ~Enjoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hillarious!!!! and so nice to see you've gotten your groove back Stella... I am very happy that your glitter friends have joined the land of the 'healthy'.

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails