July 28, 2007

Going to the Chapel



What's with me tonight posting stuff on marriage and motherhood? This card needs work but it has grown on me. My husband went to our friends daughter's wedding last week and he needed a card. I made this card for them but he went out and forgot to bring it with him. I was pressing it under my design pad and it was out of sight out of mind I guess. Anyway, in the process of straightening up I realized what we had done (forgotten it) so I thought I would take a pic and post it. Believe it or not the stamp is from Michael's $1 dollar bins. I just loved the little church and the sentiment. Reminded me of that Diana Ross or the Supreme's lyrics that went something like.... "Going to the Chapel and we're gonna get married" I always loved that song. Anyway, I had even ran out and purchased some new paper specially for this card. The card base is SU white CS with Martha Stewart scrapbook paper. I also used MS metallic ribbon. Design item of note with this card is the Martha Stewart border punch that looks like that eyelet fabric?? I just H2H that border punch. I just really like this card now... like I said it grew on me. When I first finished it I wasn't so sure about it?? It's just purty. I think it turned out really elegant in spite of itself. I used dazzling diamond glitter on the chapel. I think I made colored windows too with yellow. Thanks for visiting!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

emilia in Taiwan said...

Very elegant card!

PS Can't believe the stamp is from Michael's...I thought it was from A Muse....:)

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails