July 11, 2008

Make a Wish~~

~You've really got to click on this one to see the sparklies up close, it's the best part~ For this card I used another one of my new stamps (purchased at Paper Tales, did I tell ya I love that store now, yeah I think I mentioned it, hehe). It's kind of a random stamp but one I have wanted for a long long time its from Paperbag Studios called Every Step. I masked the sentiment that came with the stamp because I wanted a different one. The minute I saw these cute little shoes I thought of Dorothy's little red slippers where she was clicking her heels together and dreaming of going home. Well I wanted it to say "Dream Big" and possibly use it on a gratitude journal but I didn't have that sentiment in my stash so I made a card for now and used another one from Stampin Up called "Make a Wish". This was from a block stamp from "So Many Sayings" that I cut into pieces and remounted using EZ mount. I wanted to use all of the sayings that came with that set separately. Anyway, maybe I will take a picture of this later. Here's the card. It's really a simple card and the colors developed as I was making it. I stamped the stamp with my glue pad and then added the red glitter to mimic ruby red slippers (Dorothy remember). Then I cut the mattes and the card. Red and black caught my attention. The only thing I knew was I wanted red. I think it turned out really pretty and simple but I like simple. Oh I should mention my PR!SSy Pal Michelle G. over at "Out On a Limb" was the enabler for me wanting this stamp. That must have been where I got the "Dream Big" idea to. So subliminal.


1 comment:

michelle g. said...

Absolutely love this!!! You could also use the sentiment "There's no place like home" Great idea with the ruby red slippers, my Mom is from kansas so Dorothy is close to my heart -speaking of which, I have your stamps!!!!!!

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails