March 06, 2008

Hoppy Spring!




I just wanted to take a photo of this card and upload it quickly before I give it away tomorrow to a co-worker for her birthday. It's a one of a kind so I needed to take a picture for future reference. I usually make more than one of any design and save one for my "card catalog" for future reference... aka hoarding. hehehehehehe throw head back and insert evil laugh that sounds more like ararar... like a pirate sort of. I think this turned out very pretty. The bunny comes from a recently retired SU set (I've been meaning to use) that another friend gave me for a gift... Michelle from "out on a limb". Since we are talking about Michelle from "out on a limb" calling all blog pals...why don't ya all run over there and leave a comment and show her some L O V E. She's feeling a tad bit deserted and abandoned over there. She's fairly new to blogging but was really excited to start blogging in hopes of lots of comments and interaction with others in this paper crafting community. Come on ya'll I know you can do it...make someones day....go say hi.... go comment... show some love.... She gets a whole one comment and I get two but ya know what I don't mind because I started this blog because I was bored (kidding) and I know ya'll are reading cause I can count my hits. Anyway I DIGRESS as usual. Without further ado back to the card. The little chicks are from a My Favorite Things set that I L O V E. Those little peeper chicks were just so dern adorable. Remember this post? I didn't think so. But click on the link and it will refresh you memory. Those little guys are just the epitome of C U T E. I used fun fluff, and twinkle dots and a little pom pom puffer for the tail. I made a lacy looking paper ribbon on the bottom edge with MS border punch oh I CASEd the sketch from another really cool site RED LETTER PAPER WORKS CATALOG they are a really cool scrapbooking store and mixed media store based out of St. Louis my old stomping ground. Sure wish they were on my radar screen when I lived in the area. I have an order coming from them soon and I can't wait to get it (more hoarding). I ordered the bunny angel stamp, the three spring chicks image and some trinkets. I'll post my good mail when I get it. I just kept adding and adding and adding to this card and I could probably keep adding to it because I was having so much fun but it's late and I need to work tomorrow yay it's Friday. YAY. Oh also I am addicted to the paisley bg stamp from SU. It almost looks like the A Muse maideira print from a distance. That was a happy accident in a way. It's a stretch but that's what I thought it looked when I was photographing it. I don't know why I keep pitching all of these stores .... I don't get compensated in anyway... I am just a big fan that's all... just being nice.... I think that is all the dete's for now. Sorry such a quick and run on post but I am tarred. As usual the pic leaves a lot to be desired. My lighting is off and I don't really have a spot to take pictures at. ~enjoy

3 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Great tactile card. I want to run my hand over it.

emilia in Taiwan said...

I do visit Michelle's blog from time to time~ her cards are pretty!

michelle g. said...

Miss Priss -thanks for the shout out. I was feeling so lonely out in blog land, and then comments started appearing. It made my day so much that I organized all my scraps!!!

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails