May 06, 2007

CHALLENGE 1 - AMUSE BLACK INK ONLY

Home Sweet Home

I had a really hard time with this card (end of post). But I really wanted to use this patterned paper and these stamp sets. I am also using this as my sample for the A*Muse A*Palooza ~Challenge 1 - Black Ink Only~ towards becoming the next Amuse Ambassador.

<------Click on graphic links to ~paloozablog~

I will post more of the recipe tomorrow. I made this for a girlfriend who just moved back to the country and thought it would be a nice card to go with a house warming present for her new home. ~night night

HOME SWEET HOME UPDATE

As promised updating my post... Stamps: Amuse "Home Sweet Home" Sentiment and SU set "Country Pleasures" (see index follows). I just purchased the SU set secondhand, new un-mounted (NUM) from the ISO forums over at SCS.


<----index

I saw a card done over at SCS by one of my favorite stampers Anna Wight that I love to stalk (stamp talk) and a major enabler herself...just had to have it. I loved the little church and the windmill depicted in the scenes. I used SU cardstock confetti white, certainly celery and really rust. The really rust matte used on the front looks redder in the pic than it is in real life, it is closer to a brick color. I wanted to bring out the brick red in the building. The patterned paper is from the 6x6 Basic Grey paper pack "Lily Kate". I used SU chalks to color in the image and SU in-color canberry stitch ribbon. I started with using my new prismacolor pencils/gamsol but didn't like how it was turning out. So I restamped the image and used my chalks. The chalks ended up giving me the softer feel I was looking for. I used the create-a-cut to scallop the patterned layer on the right edge. I had a little trouble with the cut because I was trying to cut through double layers of cardstock and it didn't like that. I cleaned the scalloped edge up with my tiny scissors. Like I was saying, this card gave me a little of trouble (It might have been because it was the wee hours of the morning) but I love how it turned out.

<-----my card

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Hey Hey Paula said...

I think your girlfriend will love it. It's a great card. TFS

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...nice job!

Anonymous said...

I love this set, and your card is PERFECT! Great colors, and what a fun layout!

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails