September 09, 2007

Merry & Bright

After my nap yesterday which I have to say was divine I fit some stampin' in. Which as we all know is one of my favorite pastimes (that and napping). And yours too I am sure. I think that I have CASEd the sketch and color combo of this card?? But for the life of me I cannot remember where I saw it? I read at least 100 blogs ;D so I apologize if there is a gap. I think I may have seen this over at SCS or the A Muse gallery somewhere. If anyone out there in blogoland recognizes this leave a comment on my blog and I will update my post with proper credits. Thanks. My apologies again for not citing credits properly.

Just getting a jump on my Holiday Cards. I mass produced these by making 12 of the same design. For my own personal holiday cards I usually do around 4 different designs and I make around 10 of each design. I have so many stamps I want to use this year that I can't even decide what designs I am going to use yet.

I just love the A Muse sentiments and I paired this one "to a deer friend" up with a coordinating SU deer image from the SU Merry and Bright set (Winter mini). I utilized my SU ma-jig for proper placement of the sentiment onto the MS emblem punch and to make it two lines. I haven't add bling yet but will probably add some dazzling diamonds to the snowflake background. I made these cards the 4.25 sq size. I love this size of card except I don't have any envelopes for them most of the time. I punched the blue frame out with my scallop punch and then the center out with a sq punch. I raised it up on SU dimensional s over the white sq that the deer is stamped on. I set an eyelet on the emblem tag because I wanted it to be a little sturdier and not tear when I tied the ribbon. Plus I wanted to embellish it. I love this color combo. I used it last year with SU peaceful wishes set. Happy Stamping

~best


Here's the dete's:

Paper: SU Real red, bashful blue
Ribbon: Black organdy bulk buy Hedgehog
Ink: SU basic black, white craft ink (snowflakes background on red)
Stamps: SU Merry and Bright, SU Circle of Friendship, A Muse sentiment
Scraps: Bits and pieces of this and that. A Muse creative candy mini's
Yummies: Marvy Uchida scallop sq punch, SU straight sq. punch. SU real red eyelet, Martha emblem tag punch, SU eyelet setter toolkit



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute, love it! How did you get the snowflakes (stamp/craft white on the red?) or was it the paper?

emilia in Taiwan said...

I check out this photo in large size and they look really really gorgeous!! How cute!!

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails