September 01, 2007

A Twist - Bloggers Challenge - Week 10


This week we were supposed to CASE p. 92, Circus Train of the SU Idea Book and Catalog and use this sketch for our inspiration. OK I have a problem in that sometimes (well lots) I CASE exactly. Well this time is no exception!! This first picture is my finished card "closed".











I have been wanting to use my A Muse stamp sets forever. I have also wanted to use my new Martha Stewart ribbon tape from her fall collection. I know it's Halloween time but I actually bought these images (not for Halloween) but to make "just because" cards or "thank you" cards for some of my co-workers. I work in Bio-Tech around a bunch of crazy (crazy smart) Einsteinesk scientists. So the jars and the crazy Einstein man is something we may see everyday. haha. I was originally going to use the image to create thank you cards. I also have the sentiment "what's brewing" to go with these stamps from A Muse and thought that would work as well but not with this card. I am going to give this card to one of the scientist for helping me rearrange my office space last week. He did it on his own time without the help of facilities (that would have taken a month so we did it on our own).








This next picture is my slider card "open". It's a bit of a twist on a "thank you" card or a "sweet" card but in a kooky cute cool way too. My last picture is a close up of my EYEBALLS. How do you like my jar of wiggly eyeballs. hehehe Isn't it funny??












I hope everyone is enjoying the Bloggers Friday Challenges I know I am. I can't wait until next week.... lets just hope I can submit on time. Next week is to CASE p.10 of the new SU Winter Mini, the star card. It looks easier than this one I think. Check out everyone else's submissions via Bloggers Challenge column to the right on my blog. -------->

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! As a science-nerd myself, this card is too funny, The googley eyeballs are a nice touch!

Stefanie said...

Very cool card! I'm sure your scientist friend will love it!

M!ssPr!ssy said...

Thanks Michelle G. Yes, Science-nerd that was the terminology I was looking for. Thanks! Hey is this Garcia, finishing my sentences again?

Anonymous said...

Hahaa!! Great card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute card - fit the challenge well.

Karen said...

lol! love the googlie eyes on the card too!!

Hey Hey Paula said...

This card is just too much - I love it. The way that you've used the embellishments is so clever. TFS.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Awesome job on this weeks challenge. Love how you changed it up with the different envelope. Very creative.

Pat Huntoon said...

VEry clever with the googlie eyes!
Pat
http://www.patstamps.blogspot.com

Lisa Bohler said...

Way to change the size of the layout and keep the integrity of the card! Uber cute!

Basement Stamper said...

What a great card, love the way you did it in an envelope! Very creative!

Ida said...

Too Funny! Love the little "eyeballs" in the jar & the Scientist guy! Clever use of the envelope as well. Ida

Anonymous said...

very cute and fun! love those jars, especially with the googly eyes!

Forgetfulone said...

I'm glad I found your page! I will be back! I'm all about ribbons, and bows, and scrappin, and being prissy! Tee hee!

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails