September 02, 2007

Quote of the Day

I don't know about you guys but I really like the "Quote of the day" banner I have on my blog. It's really positive and always cheers me up. I found the feed on Sparkpeople. I don't know if any of you have ever tried Sparkpeople out but it is a 100% free self improvement, goal setting and weight loss site. I do not benefit in anyway by displaying their banner, spreading the "spark" etc in any way. I discovered it quite a few years ago but didn't actively use it until this summer. You can create your very own Spark Page similar to my space or any blog actually. This is where you state your bio, goals, pics, team joined etc. You can make it public or private. I chose to make mine private as I wasn't quite brave enough to share my weight loss journey with the masses. It has a nutrition tracker, fitness tracker, a bazillion articles on every topic known to man. Anyway, like anything, it works if you work it. But if you do, this site is the number one site IMHO for nutrition and fitness on the web. It is built brilliantly with top of the line programming. Check it out it's well worth it. The founder basically created it to spread the word on how he was successful in life, goals and self improvement. He wanted to pay it forward and help others. You can read his story on the website. But he made his first riches back in the day selling the first ever auction/garage sale type website that he invented/created to what is now known as Ebay. With advertising and his own money he operates the site 100% free to us.

2 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Thank you for the information! I love it too.

Kathy W said...

I like your quote of the day. Nice way to be greeted to your blog.

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails