December 15, 2007

Post It's a Post YAY


Well my Prissy Pals will be proud of me I finished a card. Yes... as in uno... one... You really must click on the image to enlarge to get the full glitter effect. I embossed it with black and I used glitter pens and diamond dust to make it look like the snow was falling. Ok I was quite the dodobird last night at open crop night at my house. I couldn't stay focused for the life of me but I kept my Prissy Pals entertained at least. FINALLY I have a card. This card will go to my bil and sil in St. Louis. I lived near St. Louis for 10 years. My children grew up there and spent their grade school days in a little town call Edwardsville, Ill. It is on the IL side of the Mississippi river across from St. Louis so I guess you could say I left my heart in St. Louey a bit. hehe, I couldn't help myself. I loved it there but alas we were transferred with our work so we moved. I would probably still live there today if I could have. When I saw the Christmas Cardinal set from SU it had my name written all over it. Did I buy it when it was current? Of course not. I ended up getting it off of SCS B/S/T or ISO forums. Now if you've lived under a rock you probably don't know about SCS but it is a great community for the stamper and scrapper in you... so go check it out if you haven't already. I participated in Anna's sketch challenge and thank you Anna so much for helping me get some mojo back. This sketch is such a pretty one. All supplies are SU except where noted. The pattern cs is Basic Grey Figgy 6x6 paper pack(really love need more, when I saw that holly berry pattern I new it had to go with Christmas Cardinal sooooo perfect). I used my nestabilities to cut and emboss the small mattes, SU corner punch for the black photo corner look. I like how Anna uses a lot of black cs for her mattes and wanted to get that look. The black corners helped me pull the black cs into my design. Holly ivy embellishments and ribbon from Michaels and the creative candy is A Muse. I don't have to tell you how much I love this card. It is my newest favorite. Oh I almost forgot I used my Copic markers to color the image as well as the Spica glitter pens OMG new favorite tool? C1 cool grey and R59 CARDINAL to die for. I was looking for the perfect red to color in the cardinal and imagine my joy when I noticed my Copic set of markers had one named CARDINAL. And yes it was perfect. The cardinal has a lot more shading IRL it doesn't look this solid as in the photo. Love this set... stay tuned I have some others up my sleeve using this sketch. Now go stamp...

1 comment:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Oooooh, love your card! I *had* to buy that set last year... it's lovely! Thank you for enjoying my challenge!! =) -Anna.

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails